This deal came out January 10th, ending February 11th. Only good for a month! Sign up for a Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card and get a Promotional companion pass and 30,000 points after $4,000 in spend!
You can also stack with the Rapid Rewards points – earn 30,000 points after $4,000 spend! Use those new points with your companion pass for plenty of free flights.
Check the Southwest / Chase site for details.
- Open (new) credit card
- Spend $4,000 (minimum spend) on purchases within 3 months
- Get Companion Pass immediately! You can designate someone online, and you’ll get a physical companion pass card in the mail.
This is a promotional companion pass:
- Offer ends February 11th, with the companion pass being good through December 31st, 2019.
- $69 annual fee applied to first billing statement – no waiving of first year fee
- Does not include standard taxes/fees of $5.60 each way – however this should be expected with every flight.
- Of course, you can still “earn” the Pass with 100 one-way flights or 110,000 points, and then your pass will be extended to end of 2020!
- Standard Chase terms apply:
“This product is available to you if you do not have a current Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months. This does not apply to business card and employee credit card products.“
Analysis & Conclusion
This is better as the last promotion, which was targeted only for California residents for a Companion Pass after one flight. This one is available for everyone – not just California residents. Same principles hold as before – the companion pass effectively halves the cost of couples flying on Southwest, and doubles the point values Southwest Rapid Rewards Points. I jumped on this immediately and am furiously spending to hit that $4,000 spend requirement as quickly as possible!
Once I do so, I will be able to designate Lady Hotelion as my companion, and we’ll explore the West Coast even further! Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Diego, and more targets are on my list. Very excited – to also use the southwest points I have stored up over the years, such as from visits to MGM properties in Las Vegas thanks to the Southwest / MGM partnership.
Featured Image is from Unsplash of a Southwest jet. Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which, should you click through and/or make a purchase, grant me a commission. Also, I only post in the best interest of my readers. Lastly, thank you for supporting my blog and my travels.
What do you think of my writing? Have any questions? Let me know in the comments, or reach me directly at TheHotelion@gmail.com! Like my posts? See more here, on TravelUpdate! Follow me on Facebook (The Hotelion) or on Twitter and Instagram: @TheHotelion