At TravelUpdate, we’re assembling the best points/miles and airline/hotel news bloggers on the Web and providing them with the tools and support they need to maximize their growing readership and influence.
Let us explain more about this. You likely understand that the niche of road warrior / frequent flyer/miles + points landscape is fairly crowded and getting more difficult to stand out and build a successful blog. We certainly believe there is still room for success, but there are a lot of blogs out there. And the economics of a blog is more difficult these days with advertising revenue for bloggers at new all-time lows. It might be difficult for a new blog to earn more than a dollar per thousand page views these days. But we don’t think that these elements should discourage those interested in telling their stories. Blogging is all about sharing information, advice, experiences, and our multi-author blog, Travel Update, allows bloggers to be able to do those things without worrying about the process of developing a blog.
Truthfully, there is a growing #fail rate for new blogs because of the transition with balancing family, work, and lifestyle changes along with trying to become a blogger. Because of this, we offer you an opportunity to contribute as much as you like, begin to build your own blog brand, be featured on BoardingArea, and learn how to balance those things without worrying about writing daily or even weekly.
TravelUpdate bloggers are provided many facets of support which are detailed below at no cost to them by the experienced BoardingArea team.
What You Get, at a Glance
- Domain and site hosting
- Full control of your content
- BoardingArea Network Identification
- Featured elements that are proven to add value for your visitors
- SEO Management
- Comment Spam Protection
- Monetization Management
- Skill set education opportunities such as writing tips and best blogging practices
- 1:1 Google Meet when onboarding
- Newsletter, social media, and BoardingArea feed promotions
- Networking opportunities
- 1:1 marketing and writing advice when requested
Everything You Need To Grow Your Audience
- A support team consisting of BoardingArea professionals who have years of experience in blog design, development, and management. We not only help you get started on TravelUpdate but provide ongoing assistance and support throughout the life of your blog.
- A blogging platform that is secure and easy to use. TravelUpdate utilizes the popular WordPress blogging software and our technology team ensures that the software is maintained and updated, allowing bloggers to focus on blogging.
- We have optimized the TravelUpdate site and incorporated tools and features that have proven successful for all of our network bloggers.
- Enterprise-level analytics tracking. At TravelUpdate we use JetPack to track site statistics and every blogger has access to robust and exhaustive analytics for their blog.
- Publicity and promotion. We have more than 25 years of experience working with national and international media, as well as most of the leaders in the travel industry. We put all of our resources to work to gain media attention for TravelUpdate, as well as individual bloggers, and develop promotions with organizations such as Gogo, Hilton Hotels, American Express, and others that draw new visitors to the site.
- Advertising sales and management. As part of the Frequent Flyer Network of sites, TravelUpdate is an attractive option for advertisers targeting the business travel market. Our advertising team manages all aspects of monetization and ensures your ad placements are optimized for peak performance.
- Full control over editorial content. We handle the maintenance and management aspects of blogging so that you can focus on the important part – writing. You have full editorial control of your content, as well as access to tools that allow you to easily upload media, post from mobile devices, interact with visitors who comment on your blog, share your posts on various social media platforms, create polls, and more.
- Search Engine Optimization. In addition to being included on the TravelUpdate.com site, which enjoys a high page ranking, we create a site map for your blog that helps to ensure your blog is indexed by search engines.
- Personalized service. If you would like a feature added to your blog that we don’t currently support, we will do our best to accommodate. Our tech team is happy to test suggested features for security, and our management team will research the potential impact. In most cases, we can add suggested features or offer a suitable alternative.
If you are a blogger who writes about subjects of interest to the points/miles and airline/hotel news, and TravelUpdate sounds like a community where you would like your blog to live, send us an email.