Marriott Bonvoy was once going to be my loyalty program of choice. However, the switch from the old program to its current form soured me a bit, plus I now have a great avenue to maintaining Hyatt Globalist. However, I’ve batted around the idea of shooting for Bonvoy Platinum this year, and the Marriott fall 2020 promotion might sweeten things a bit.
Marriott Fall 2020 Promotion Details
Marriott’s current promotion lets you earn 2,500 bonus points per stay. There is no cap on the number of points you can earn. In addition, you’ll earn a 5,000-point bonus once you complete three stays within the promotion period.
You must register for the Marriott Fall 2020 promotion which runs from August 13 through October 18.
Terms and conditions:
- Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy™ account is required.
- Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion will earn 2,500 bonus points per eligible paid stay, plus a one-time bonus of 5,000 additional points after 3 eligible paid stays, during the promotion earning period.
- The promotion registration and earning period is between August 13, 2020, and October 18, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- Only stays made after registration will qualify towards the promotion. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any Points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).
- Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion.
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to 6 weeks after the promotion ends. A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion.
This promotion is obviously an excellent deal if you have a need for one-night stays and a poor return if you have extended stays planned. My reading of the term “Qualifying Rate” indicates that only points-earning rates will qualify for the 2,500 bonus points under this promotion, but I would love to be proved wrong. It’d be sweet if you could earn the points and the 5,000-point bonus on award rates.
I might have a couple work trips in the next few months, and I’ll be looking to take advantage of the Marriott fall 2020 promotion for those stays if I can.