Love train travel on Amtrak? Well, you’re in luck. The Amtrak Guest Reward Mastercard is currently offering twice its typical sign-up bonus. We’ve seen 30,000-point offers previously, but never have I seen one this high. Here are the details:
Best-Ever 40,000 Point Amtrak Card Offer
The current increased offer includes a sign-up bonus of 40,000 Amtrak points after spending $2,500 in net purchases within the first 90 days your account is open. This bonus is worth approximately $1,160, so it is definitely worth considering if you’re into train travel. Other benefits of the card include:
- Earn 3x points on Amtrak travel
- Earn 2x points on other travel
- 20% rebate on your on-board food and beverage purchases when you use your card
- An annual Companion Coupon and Upgrade Coupon (worth up to $450)
- A Single-Visit Station Lounge Pass upon approval (worth up to $25)
- 1,000 Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) every time you make at least $5,000 in purchases in a calendar year, up to 4,000 TQPs
- Get a 5% Amtrak Guest Rewards point rebate when you book your Amtrak redemption travel.
- No foreign transaction fees
If you travel Amtrak even intermittently, the ancillary perks of this card are probably worth it, even if you don’t use it much. Remember that this card is issued by Bank of America, so make sure you are aware of their approval rules!
Personally, I love Amtrak. My wife and I spent literally days on a train as part of our honeymoon, traveling coast-to-coast with Amtrak over the span of three nights. It’s an amazing way to see the country, if you have the time.
If you’ve been eyeing Amtrak points, now is the time to jump with this best-ever offer!