It’s happening! I just booked a trip to Orlando for a visit with family. One of the major attractions I am planning to visit: the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
Aside from the fact that this is my first real vacation break this year, I am particularly excited about this trip because I’m a fan of J.K Rowling’s Harry Potter series. I watched all 7 films when they were released, read all the books, and even read the play “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child”.
Needless to say, I am excited about the visit. I know some people think of theme parks as an “kid-thing” to do, but it works for me since I’m a big kid at heart! Of course, I hope the parks aren’t really just geared for kids and there are things that adults would enjoy just as much.
I know there are tons of good information out there about Universal Studios and the Harry Potter theme parks, and I’ve been doing my research. However, I’d love to flip this around and hear some insider tips and travel advice from fellow readers instead.
Seeking Reader’s Experiences
Of course, it helps to provide some parameters on what I am looking for:
- Where to Stay: I usually stay at the same hotel if staying in an area, but I am open to hotel hopping during this visit if it makes sense. Some initial thoughts:
- IHG property: Complete my IHG Accelerate promotion while I’m at it? Any particularly good IHG property in Orlando?
- Book a stay at Hilton resort property and try out my Hilton Diamond benefits?
- Is it worth it to book at a Universal Studio property for the extra hour of park access and fast passes?
- One Park or Both Parks: I’m not into roller-coaster/thrill rides. Is the Island of Adventure park still worth it, given that it’s mostly thrill rides?
- Fast-pass Access: Is it worth it?
- Must Do Rides: Any must-do rides that you love that is worth the wait?
- Orlando to do: Any cuisines/restaurants near the parks/outside of the parks that are worth a visit?
- Other money saving tips?
I would love to hear tips and your experiences from dear fellow readers. Thanks!