The airline industry, devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic, is looking for ways to make travel safer and easier for passengers. British Airways is among those looking for solutions. Today, the airline announced it was offering its customers an opportunity to purchase a COVID-19 rapid test — at a discount..
Some countries, like the UK, require a negative COVID-19 test result before allowing entry. What a hassle that can be if you are in another country! Seriously, do you want to search around for a test site? Take a Qured rapid test along in your suitcase and make re-entry easier.
The Qured rapid test is available for the exclusive price of £33 (about $46). Customers must have a UK delivery address, and the test will be delivered to them at home. Then, they can take their portable, rapid test kits with them on their international journeys and be prepared for their trip home.
How Does It Work?
- Order and purchase your test before you travel. You will receive the test kit via next day delivery.
- You’ll receive a unique link to sign up and book your virtual clinic slot.
- Prior to the virtual appointment, you’ll get a link to access Qured’s secure video consultation platform.
- Just enter your name and enter the virtual waiting room.
- An expert health advisor will start the call at your chosen time.
- Then, you’ll be guided through the test procedure.
- Take a nose and throat swab and process the sample. The whole process takes around 10 minutes.
- Your results are available 20 minutes after completing the test.
- Next, email a photo of your ID and the LFD to Qured for verification.
- A text and email will let you know when your test result is available. If it is negative, you can download a ‘fit to fly’ certificate to be presented at the airport or uploaded to the VeriFly app.
To find out more information on Qured, and all the other testing options and discounts available, customers may visit British Airways’ testing page on ba.com.