Have you ever read the details of your RBC Out of Province Emergency Medical Travel Insurance provided by your credit card?
I have summarized a few important details as you evaluate whether you need additional emergency medical insurance during your travels.
The following credit cards have the Out of Province Emergency Medical Travel Insurance coverage with RBC:
- WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard (Certificate of Insurance)
- RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege (Certificate of Insurance)
- RBC Avion Visa Infinite (Certificate of Insurance)
The information listed below is my interpretation of the insurance policy.
The basic coverage provided for all the listed cards are:
- Coverage is provided to the cardholder, cardholder’s spouse, and cardholder’s dependent children.
- There is no limit to the coverage amount.
- The dependent children must be traveling with the cardholder or the cardholder’s spouse
Exclusions of Basic Coverage
- Pre-existing medical conditions need to be stable at least 90 days prior to your trip departure date, for those under 75, or 180 days, for those 75 or older.
- Scuba diving (unless you have a designation), motorized race, motorized speed contest, bungee jumping, parachuting, rock climbing, mountain climbing, hang-gliding or skydiving.
|Accommodation in a Hospital or Medical Facility||N/A|
|Private Registered Nurse||$10,000|
|Ground Ambulance Service||N/A|
|Air Ambulance Service||N/A|
|Paramedical Services||$250 per profession|
|Dental Treatment||$2,000 emergency dental treatment
$200 for emergency relief of dental pain
|Coming Home||Not covered|
|Care and Return of Dependent Children||N/A|
|Transportation to Bedside||$300 for meal and hotel accommodation for the relative to visit the hospital|
|Return of Deceased||N/A|
|Meals and Accommodation||$150 per day
|Incidental Expenses||Not covered|
|Return of Excess Baggage||$500|
Differences between cards
The major difference between the credit cards is what is the age group that is covered by the insurance and how long they are covered for.
|Credit Card||64 Years or Younger||65 Years or Older|
|RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege||31||7|
|RBC Avion Visa Infinite||15||3|
|WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard||15||3|
One unique situation about RBC credit cards is that there is no coverage limitation.