Starting tomorrow, new fares will be available on Brussels Airlines. As of August 18, you can book five fares for September travel . It’s part of the airline’s optimization of its short-haul product. It also aligns the carrier more closely with the Lufthansa Group Network Airlines. That offers the airline some plusses. For example, Brussels Airlines can take part in future group-wide innovations. That’s great news for airline passengers.
This won’t have much impact on the American market right now because of the impact of COVID-19. But it will make travel easier for European travellers. Brussels Airlines says it wants to provide passengers with a “smooth and consistent travel experience throughout all Lufthansa Group Network Airlines.” The participating airlines include Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss Air Lines.
Meanwhile, there’s more good news, compliments of the closer connection. The airline and its passengers will benefit from IT investments, product development and passenger experience.
What Kind of Fares Will You Find?
Brussels Airlines will offer three different economy fare options. They are:
- Economy Light – the basic fare as lowest price option for the cost-conscious traveler. For instance, a traveler who flies with hand luggage only, requiring limited flexibility.
- Economy Classic – the standard fare for those who wish to travel with the classic comforts included in the price of their ticket, like a 23kg checked baggage and a limited degree of flexibility.
- Economy Flex – for travellers wanting a high degree of flexibility when organizing their travels, with a free change of reservation.
Carry-on baggage regulations are now standardized. In all medium- and long-haul economy class fares across the entire Lufthansa Group, 8kg carry-on baggage is included. In addition, passengers may also bring a small personal item onto the aircraft .
Business class flyers will get a choice between two fares:
- Business Saver – for passengers who want to travel with Business Class comfort, requiring a certain degree of flexibility
- Business Flex: for travellers who want all Business Class comfort and full flexibility, including a free refund
Both business class fares include two pieces of carry-on luggage of 8kg on top of a personal item.