Last week, I wrote about the humongous bonuses on the personal version of the Amex Platinum card. You can find these bonuses publicly available. If you’re lucky, you can even snag the huge 125,000 points welcome bonus. Read this post for all the details on that bonus. Similarly, the business version of the Platinum Card is also offering a welcome bonus of 95,000 Membership Rewards points.
Business Platinum Card : 95k Welcome Bonus
You’ll earn a welcome bonus of 95,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $15,000 in the first three months of card membership. The annual fee of $595 is not waived. This card contains a ton of benefits.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the key benefits:
- Earn 5x points per dollar you spend on purchases of $5,000 or more
- Earn 5x points per dollar you spend on amextravel.com
- You’ll earn 1x points per dollar you spend on all other purchases
- Earn an $200 Airline fee credit (per calendar year)
- $200 Dell credit per calendar year, split into half every six month (was $400 for 2020)
- Earn a $100 Global Entry fee credit 4 years
- Earn a $85 TSA Pre Check credit every 4.5 years
Benefits and Status
The Business Platinum card hits the home with its impressive suite of benefits.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status and Marriott Bonvoy Gold Status as long as your card is active
- You earn a 35% airline bonus when you pay with points on AmexTravel.com for a qualifying fare
- Lounge Access: Priority Pass Select, The Centurion Lounges and Delta Sky Clubs
- Access to the Fine Hotels and Resorts program
- Trip Delay, Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Baggage Insurance
- No foreign transaction fees
In addition to all these benefits, you can also access the WeWork global access membership as a Business Platinum card customers. However, given WeWork’s financial woes, we’re not quite sure if this benefit will continue in 2021.
The Pundit’s Mantra
For many businesses, it shouldn’t be that difficult to meet the spend requirement. Also, you’ll earn 1.5x points for each transaction of $5,000 or more. If you plan to pay expenses like rent for your business, then it would be a great way to earn 7,500 points each month for a single expense.
If the Business Platinum Card isn’t right for you at the current moment as you don’t plan to travel any time soon and are focusing on racking up points, you can instead get the Business Gold Card from American Express. You’ll earn a welcome bonus of 60,000 after you spend a total $7,500 in the first three months of card membership.
Which is/are your favorite benefit/benefits of the Business Platinum card? Tell us in the comments section.
Disclosure: The Points Pundit receives NO compensation from credit card affiliate partnerships. Support the blog by applying for a card through my personal referral links. This article is meant for information purposes only and doesn’t constitute personal finance, health or investment advice. Please consult a licensed professional for advice pertaining to your situation.