October 6-13, 2014, is National Cruise Week! This is almost as good as Christmas for the frequent floaters among us. 🙂 Many of the top cruise lines are offering special deals this week, according to the Cruise Lines International Association. Here are some details:
- Norwegian Cruise Line: 10% off their cruise fare in the form of onboard credits for specialty dining, shore excursions or spa treatments; plus $100 onboard credit per person for specialty sailings, and $300 in onboard credits on select itineraries.
- Carnival Cruise Lines: Great rates plus 50% reduced deposits, plus two category upgrade, plus $50 onboard credit per stateroom.
- Avalon River Cruises: a savings of $1,300 per couple for river cruises in Europe.
- Disney Cruise Line: $100 onboard credit on select 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruises.
- Hurtigruten: 10% off current price levels on Norway Coastal Voyages on new 2014 and 2015 bookings.
- Royal Caribbean International: a buy one guest, get second guest 50% off and 5% off the line’s ChoiceAir fare bookings.
- Cunard: Save up to $175 per stateroom onboard credit on any bookings made for Transatlantic Crossings aboard the luxurious flagship Queen Mary 2.
- MSC Cruises: Book balcony staterooms at ocean view rates for select sailings in both the Caribbean and Europe; “Fantastica Experience” bookings receive a complimentary drink package; free gratuities on select Caribbean sailings.
- Princess Cruises: Enjoy 30% off bookings, plus free gratuities and Onboard Spending Money for balcony staterooms and above.
- Paul Gauguin Cruises: $100 onboard credit per person and 50% off standard all-inclusive cruise fares on m/s Paul Gauguin and the m/v Tere Moana voyages, airfare is included from Los Angeles on m/s Paul Gauguin itineraries.
These are sample promotions, and there may be even better deals available from specific cruise lines. It’s never a bad time to book a cruise, but National Cruise Week is a great opportunity to explore what’s available and perhaps book your next cruise vacation.
-MJ, October 6, 2014