Co-branded hotel credit cards offer a ton of benefits if you’re loyal to that particular brand. On one hand, you can earn points at a much faster clip. On the other hand, you can get some amazing benefits like elite status and perks simply for carrying the credit card in your wallet. Earlier this week, I wrote about the amazing limited time offers on the Hilton Surpass card and the Hilton Aspire card. If you have upcoming stays at properties in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio, then this limited time welcome bonus could just be what you needed.
MARRIOTT BONVOY BUSINESS CARD BONUS
With this offer, you’ll earn a welcome bonus of 3 free nights. You can redeem these free night certificates for a value of up to 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night. If you’re falling short, you can add another 15,000 points per night.
You’ll earn the welcome bonus of 3 free nights after you spend $6,000 in the first 6 months of card membership.
EARN MARRIOTT BONVOY POINTS
This card offers some lucrative points earning features in certain categories for business spend.
- 6x Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar you spend at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio
- 4x Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar you spend at Restaurants Worldwide. You’ll also earn the same 4x points on purchases made with merchants in the US in categories like gas stations, shipping and wireless telephone service providers
- On all other purchases, you’ll earn 2x Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spent
CARD BENEFITS AND DISCOUNTS
In addition to these points, you’ll also earn many valuable benefits for carrying this card in your wallet:
- 1 free night certificate, simply for renewing the card (up to 35,000 points in value per night)
- You’ll earn another free night certificate (up to 35,000 points in value per night) when you spend $60,000 in a given cardmember year
- You’ll also receive a 7% discount on standard rates when you make a reservation for a standard guest room at properties in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio
In addition to these certificates and discounts, you’ll also get elite status and additional benefits with this card:
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Premium Internet Access
- 15 elite night credits each cardmember year
- Car Rental Loss/Damage Insurance and Baggage Insurance Plan
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
THE PUNDIT’S MANTRA
Overall, this is a fantastic welcome bonus if you qualify for a business credit card. Even if you wish to cancel the card after one year, you’ll receive enough benefits in addition to the welcome bonus to give you a decent return on that annual fee of $125. If you decide to renew after the first year, you can also put that annual free night certificate to good use in order to derive good value from the card in the second year as well.