American Express is currently offering an elevated bonus on the Hilton Surpass card. With this offer, you’ll not only get 130,000 Hilton Honors points, but also pay no annual fee for the first year.
Hilton Surpass Card Offer
American Express offers a total of 4 co-branded cards with the Hilton Hotels portfolio. This includes 3 personal cards and 1 business card.
With this offer on the Hilton Surpass card, you’ll earn a welcome bonus of 130,000 Hilton Honors points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months of card membership.
In addition to the bonus, the card offers a pretty lucrative bonus points earning opportunity.
- You’ll earn 12x Hilton Honors points for each $ you spend at hotels in the Hilton portfolio
- You’ll earn 6x Hilton Honors points for each $ you spend on groceries, gas stations, dining and takeouts/delivery in the US
- For all other purchases, you’ll earn 3x Hilton Honors points for each $ you spend
On top of all the points you can earn, you also have access to some amazing benefits with Gold elite status in the Hilton Honors portfolio.
- You’ll earn complimentary Gold status just for keeping the card open. You can also earn top tier Diamond status if you spend $40,000 in a calendar year
- You can also earn one free weekend night reward after you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Each membership year, you’ll also get 10 complimentary visits to Priority Pass lounges
Free night certificates can go a long way in helping you book some really aspirational stays. I used four of my free night certificates to stay at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island back in April.
HILTON HONORS GOLD
For a card that charges a $95 annual fee from the second year only, your Hilton Honors Gold status can go a long way in helping you maximize value in the first year and beyond.
- Complimentary breakfast for two guests outside the US (breakfast credit at US properties)
- Complimentary WiFi and bottled water
- 5th night free while booking with points
- No resort fees on award stays
- Space available room upgrades
- 80% bonus points earning on stays
In addition to the welcome bonus, the Hilton Surpass card packs a punch when it comes to its ability to help you earn points. Let’s say you spend a total of $1,000 every month in the grocery, gas and dining category. At the end of the year, you’d earn a total of 72,000 Hilton Honors points on your annual spend of $12,000. Also, your spend of $12,000 will put you only $3,000 away from earning one free weekend night as well.
The Pundit’s Mantra
With no annual fee in the first year and $95 thereafter, the Hilton Surpass card offers great value. In addition to the welcome bonus, you have access to mid tier Gold status. You also have the opportunity to earn a decent stack of points on everyday spend. If you simply put $1,250 on the card each month, it’s enough to help you earn a free weekend night award.
If you’re a business owner or don’t qualify for the Hilton Surpass card bonus, then you can sign up for the business equivalent of the Hilton Surpass card. The Hilton Honors Business card is also offering a welcome bonus of 130,000 Hilton Honors points.
If you sill prefer to save on annual fees, then the no annual fee Hilton Honors card is currently offering a welcome bonus of 100,000 Hilton Honors points and a $100 credit as well.
Which co-branded Hilton credit card is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section.