Earlier this week, many blogs with affiliate links noted that the Chase Sapphire Preferred offer for 100,000 points was set to end on Oct 6, 2021. If you visit Chase’s site, you’ll see that the publicly available offer is for 60,000 points now. However, the 100,000 points offer is still showing up when you use a refer-a-friend link.
100k POINTS CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED OFFER
With this limited time offer, you’ll earn a welcome bonus of 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months. Chase recently also made some positive changes to the card by adding some new bonus categories and credits.
- $50 in statement credits per card anniversary year when you book a hotel stay via Chase’s Ultimate Rewards platform
- Earn 5x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchased via Chase’s Ultimate Rewards platform
- Earn 3x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on dining (includes delivery and takeout), 2x on all other travel
- You’ll also earn 3x Chase Ultimate Rewards points for all spend with select online grocery services and streaming services
- You’ll also earn 1x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on all other eligible purchases with the card
Before you apply, you’ll need to keep in mind that Chase has placed multiple restrictions pertaining to who can get their Sapphire credit cards.
48 MONTH RULE
Chase will deny you the bonus if you’ve received a welcome bonus for the Chase Sapphire Preferred or the Reserve in the last 48 months. Please note that the date when you received the bonus is what starts the clock instead of the date of card approval.
This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire® card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months
According to this rule, Chase will not approve you for one of their cards if you’ve successfully applied for two or more Chase cards in the last 30 days.
ONE SAPPHIRE RULE
If you already hold a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve, Chase will not approve you for the other Sapphire card unless you downgrade one of the cards you currently hold.
CHASE 5/24 RULE
Chase will not approve you for their credit cards if you’ve been approved for 5 or more cards from any issuer in the last 24 months.
If your answer to any of the questions below is YES, then you won’t qualify for this 1000,000 point offer on the Sapphire Preferred:
- My last welcome bonus for the Sapphire Preferred or the Reserve posted after October, 2017
- I have already been approved for 2 Chase cards in the last 30 days
- I currently hold the Chase Sapphire Reserve
- I’ve been approved for 5 or more credit cards (from any issuer) in the last 24 months
THE PUNDIT’S MANTRA
I signed up for the 100,000 points offer after I fell under the 48 month rule. I was already under 5/24 and got approved after a quick call because my online application went pending.
If you’re sitting on the fence and intend to rack up Ultimate Rewards points, then now would be a great time to go for this offer, because it could get pulled any time. If you have upcoming spend that would help you meet the minimum spend to earn the 100,000 points, then it’d make sense to jump on to this limited time offer right away.