Hilton is currently running a bonus points promotion. With this promotion, you’ll get a bonus of 100% on the points you purchase. You’ll need to buy a minimum of 10,000 Hilton Honors points in order to get the 100% bonus. This promotion ends on May 11, 2021.
BUY HILTON HONORS POINTS WITH A 100% BONUS
If you buy 10,000 points, you’ll get a bonus of another 10,000 points. You’ll end up paying $100 for 20,000 Hilton Honors points. If you max out the promotion, then you can buy a total of 320,000 Hilton Honors points for $1,600.
SHOULD YOU BUY HILTON HONORS POINTS AT A DISCOUNT?
Now, you may ask whether it makes sense to buy miles or points in advance, even when they’re sold at a discount. Here’s how I view that decision.
You should buy miles/points if you:
- Have an upcoming trip and you’re falling short by a few miles to book it
- Want to buy miles for a very specific trip that will give you outsized value. For example, I often purchase miles during promotional periods when I know I can book a business class ticket which will give me a value of over 5 cpp on miles purchased at 1.5-2 cpp
- Are ineligible for a credit card sign-up bonus for that points currency due to restrictions by the card issuer
You should not buy miles/points if you:
- Can easily transfer flexible points like Amex Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards to top up your balance to book an upcoming trip
- Are simply purchasing miles to increase your balance without any specific use on the horizon
- Can easily rack up enough miles or points via credit card sign-up bonuses
CREDIT CARD OFFERS
If you have a card that helps you earn Membership Rewards points, then American Express is currently running a limited time 40% bonus offer. You can convert 1,000 Membership Rewards points into 2,800 Hilton Honors points instead of the usual 1:2 conversion ratio.
If you don’t intend to shell out the cash to buy points or don’t have enough Amex points to transfer out, then you can sign up for a co-branded Hilton card issued by American Express. Co-branded Hilton credit cards are currently offering some fantastic limited time welcome bonuses.
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus Offer|
|Hilton Honors Card||100,000 Points|
|Hilton Honors Surpass Card||150,000 Points|
|Hilton Honors Aspire Card||150,000 Points + 1 Free Night|
|Hilton Honors Business Card||130,000 Points|
If you’re looking to rack up Hilton Honors points for an upcoming trip, do you plan to buy Hilton Honors points with this limited time promotion? Or are you looking to apply for any of these limited time welcome bonus offers from American Express? Tell us in the comments section.
With this best ever offer on the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, you’ll earn a welcome bonus of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points. What’s more, Chase is also throwing in an additional $50 in statement credits on grocery purchases. For a card that charges an annual fee of $95, this is a fantastic limited time offer!