Disclosure: Our Advertising partners may pay us a small commission if you click on some of the links in this blog post, at no extra cost to you. The Points Pundit receives NO compensation from credit card affiliate partnerships. Support the blog by applying for a card through my personal referral links. This article is meant for information purposes only and doesn’t constitute personal finance, health or investment advice. Please consult a licensed professional for advice pertaining to your situation.
Hilton is currently running a bonus points promotion. With this promotion, you’ll get a bonus of 100% on the points you purchase. You’ll need to buy a minimum of 10,000 Hilton Honors points in order to get the 100% bonus.
Hilton Honors 100% Points Bonus Promo
If you buy 10,000 points, you’ll get a bonus of another 10,000 points. You’ll end up paying $100 for 20,000 Hilton Honors points. If you max out the promotion, then you can buy a total of 160,000 Hilton Honors points. With the bonus, you’ll get a total of 320,000 Hilton Honors points for $1,600, once again at 0.5 cpp. The promotion ends on December 31.
Should you buy points at a discount?
Now you may ask whether it makes sense to buy miles or points in advance, even when they’re sold at a discount. Here’s how I view that decision.
You should buy miles/points if you:
- Have an upcoming trip and you’re falling short by a few miles to book it
- Want to buy miles for a very specific trip that will give you outsized value. For example, I often purchase miles during promotional periods when I know I can book a business class ticket which will give me a value of over 5 cpp on miles purchased at 1.5-2 cpp
- Are ineligible for a credit card sign-up bonus for that points currency due to restrictions by the card issuer
You should not buy miles/points if you:
- Can easily transfer flexible points like Amex Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards to top up your balance to book an upcoming trip
- Are simply purchasing miles to increase your balance without any specific use on the horizon
- Can easily rack up enough miles or points via credit card sign-up bonuses
If you don’t intend to shell out the cash to buy points, you always have other options. You can sign up for a co-branded Hilton card issued by American Express. Some of these cards are currently offering really good welcome bonuses.
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus Offer|
|Hilton Honors Card||100,000 Points|
|Hilton Honors Surpass Card||150,000 Points|
|Hilton Honors Aspire Card||150,000 Points + 1 Free Night|
|Hilton Honors Business Card||130,000 Points|
If you’re looking to rack up Hilton Honors points for an upcoming trip, do you plan to buy Hilton Honors points with this limited time promotion? Or are you looking to apply for any of these limited time welcome bonus offers from American Express? Tell us in the comments section.