I decided to start a new project in which I will have short review versions for some of my longer posts. I’ll start it off with my recent stay last week at the Carmel Valley Ranch in Carmel, California which is part of Hyatt’s Unbound Collection.
These shorter posts will be called “Takeoff Points” and feature short commentary points with 8 pictures included. These will get posted first, then I’ll put the full review up on the site a few days later. Let me know what you all think!
Takeoff Points: Carmel Valley Ranch
1) The base rooms start at 650 square feet which is quite large. A solid 4 star room in the Santa Lucia Studio. Used points for my stay, with current 25% points rebate promotion from World of Hyatt with the Unbound Collection, net cost is 18,750 World of Hyatt Points and cash rates were over $1,000 per night during my stay.
2) The bathroom was the highlight of the room- very large! Toiletries were homemade with their Spa, and had a nice Lavender scent.
3) Balcony in room was large, but poor upkeep deemed it unusable with too many flies and bugs.
4) At the hotel’s own Corral, there were alpacas you could visit. Cool!
5) Best feta cheese I’ve ever had. Comes from the sheep and goats on the property- farm to table!
6) Enjoy views of the vineyards, lavender gardens, golf course and more.
7) There’s a pretty cool hot tub overlooking the vineyards and green space.
8) Visit the Organic Garden and see some fruits and vegetables grown that they use at the restaurant.
A picturesque landscape provides a relaxing retreat in the Carmel Valley area. Farm to table cuisine, gardens and activities can add to a perfect getaway for families and pet owners. However, the grounds and rooms can be maintained better, especially when peak rates exceed $1,000 a night.
Stay tuned for my full review in a few days!