A few weeks back, I wrote about Amex offering some amazing limited time bonuses on co-branded credit cards in the Hilton portflio. However, if you’re planning to stay at properties in the Marriott portfolio in the next few months, then there are some fantastic credit card welcome bonuses on offer. The Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card is currently offering the best of the lot, with the ability to earn up to 200,000 points.
Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card Review
This offer is broken down into two bits.
- You’ll earn 150,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after you spend $6,000 in the first 6 months
- Moreover, you can earn another 50,000 points. You’ll earn these points based on paid stays of 6 nights through 1/31/2024
Once you meet both the requirements, you’ll earn a total of 200,000 Marriott Bonvoy points. You’ll earn these points in addition to any other bonuses that you may earn due to elite status or any other promotions by Marriott.
If you stay frequently at properties in the Marriott portfolio, then you can earn a decent chunk of points on everyday spend:
- 6x points at hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy portflio
- 3x points at restaurants worldwide
- 3x points of flights booked directly with airlines
- 2x points on all other purchases
This card carries a hefty annual fee of $650. However, it offers valuable credits and benefits which can go a long way in offsetting that fee.
- $300 dining credit at restaurants worldwide ($25 per month)
- $100 Marriott property credit on qualifying purchases (only available at St.Regis, Ritz Carlton properties or when you book direct with a minimum stay of 2 nights)
- 1 free night award (redeemable up to max 85,000 points per night). Moreover, you’ll earn another free night with the same terms and conditions once you renew your card
- Complimentary Marriott Platinum Elite status as long as your card is active
Moreover, you’ll also get some cool ancillary benefits like lounge access and elite night credits:
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- 25 elite night credits
- Priority Pass Select Membership
- Cell phone protection
- Purchase protection, return protection and extended warranty
- Premium internet access and no foreign transaction fees
- Trip cancellation, delay and interruption insurance
The Pundit’s Mantra
Overall, this is a fantastic welcome bonus if you’re someone who frequently stays at properties in the Marriott portfolio. If the annual fee is a complete no no for you, then there other options as well. With the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy card by Amex, you can earn a welcome bonus of up to 175,000 points with a card that charges a $250 annual fee.
In addition, you can also refer to this post about some of the recent elevated welcome bonuses on Marriott cards offered by Chase. You can earn up to 150,000 Marriott Bonvoy points with Chase’s co-branded credit card offers as well.
Which is your favorite co-branded hotel credit card? Tell us in the comments section.
HIGHEST EVER WELCOME BONUS FOR THIS CARD!
For a card that charges an annual fee of $150, you can earn 60,000 points + $200 with a single welcome bonus. Click on the link below to find out more…