American Express has been on a roll off late. Late last year, we saw a whopping 100,000 points welcome offer on the personal version of the Platinum card. Surprisingly, that offer has stuck around for much longer than many expected, which is great news. Moreover, Amex also upped their game further by coming up with new card offers that have elevated points bonuses and an extra $200 in statement credits on many personal cards. However, these limited time offers are ending soon on May 5, 2021. Similarly, we’re seeing a welcome bonus of 130,000 points on the business version of the Platinum card as well.
BUSINESS PLATINUM CARD WELCOME BONUS
You will earn a welcome bonus of 130,000 Membership Rewards points on the Business Platinum Card after you spend $15,000 in the first 3 months. The annual fee for this card is $595.
(After clicking on the link above, you may see a bonus of 100,000 points. In that case, try opening the link again in incognito/private browsing mode. I was able to see the 130,000 points offer in incognito mode consistently)
Benefits and Bonus Spend
If you have legitimate business spend coming up, then this is a fantastic offer. We don’t know a specific end date for this 130,000 points offer yet, so it could end any time soon without notice.
In addition to the welcome bonus, you’ll also get many of the awesome benefits that the card offers already:
- $200 Airline Fee Credit (per calendar year)
- $200 Dell credit ($100 credit each between Jan-June and July-Dec each year)
- $100 TSA Pre-check/Global Entry Credit
- 35% Bonus on Pay with Points with your airline of choice
- 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels hotels booked via Amextravel.com
- 1.5x points per dollar spent on purchases above $5,000
Benefits and Perks
- Centurion Lounge Access, Priority Pass Select Membership and access to Delta SkyClubs
- Fine Hotels and Resorts Program
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Elite Status
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Deals and discounts via the International Airline Program
Insurance and Protections
- Return Protection
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance
- Trip Delay Insurance
- Baggage Insurance Plan
- Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
You can read the full details of the offer and the benefits here.
The Pundit’s Mantra
Even though the card charges an annual fee of $595, the welcome bonus and added benefits can help you recoup a lot of the money spent on the annual fee, simply by maximizing the $200 airline fee credit and $200 Dell credit each year. Many may not be able to use lounge benefits or elite status benefits this year due to existing travel restrictions worldwide. However, you can always keep the card for the first year, earn the welcome bonus, maximize the credits and then take a call about whether you’d like to renew for a second year. Overall, the 130,000 Membership Rewards points bonus definitely makes this a card worthwhile during your very first year of card membership.
With this best ever offer on the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, you’ll earn a welcome bonus of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points. What’s more, Chase is also throwing in an additional $50 in statement credits on grocery purchases. For a card that charges an annual fee of $95, this is a fantastic limited time offer!
(Chase’s 5/24 rule may apply to this card)