A few weeks back, I wrote about the limited time offers that Amex is currently running on some co-branded Hilton credit cards. Last week, some fantastic offers on the personal Marriott credit cards from Amex expired. However, we’re now seeing an elevated offer for the Marriott Bonvoy Business card by Amex.
Marriott Bonvoy Business Card Offer
With this offer on the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card, you’ll earn a welcome bonus of 150,000 Marriott Bonvoy points. However, you’ll receive this bonus in the form of 3 free night certificates. You will receive these three free night certificates after you spend $6,000 in the first 6 months of card membership.
This card charges an annual fee of $125, but also carries a ton of valuable points earning features and benefits.
Earn Marriott Bonvoy points
This card offers some lucrative points earning features in certain categories for business spend.
- 6x Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar you spend at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio
- 4x Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar you spend at Restaurants Worldwide. You’ll also earn the same 4x points on purchases made with merchants in the US in categories like gas stations, shipping and wireless telephone service providers
- On all other purchases, you’ll earn 2x Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spent
Card Benefits and Discounts
In addition to these points, you’ll also earn many valuable benefits for carrying this card in your wallet:
- 1 free night certificate, simply for renewing the card (up to 35,000 points in value per night)
- You’ll earn another free night certificate (up to 35,000 points in value per night) when you spend $60,000 in a given cardmember year
- You’ll also receive a 7% discount on standard rates when you make a reservation for a standard guest room at properties in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio
In addition to these certificates and discounts, you’ll also get elite status and additional benefits with this card:
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Premium Internet Access
- 15 elite night credits each cardmember year
- Car Rental Loss/Damage Insurance and Baggage Insurance Plan
- Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty
The Pundit’s Mantra
Overall, this is a fantastic welcome bonus if you qualify for a business credit card. Even if you wish to cancel the card after one year, you’ll receive enough benefits in addition to the welcome bonus to give you a decent return on that annual fee of $125. If you decide to renew after the first year, you can also put that annual free night certificate to good use in order to derive good value from the card in the second year as well.
Which is your favorite co-branded Marriott credit card? Tell us in the comments section.