Perhaps not as surprising anymore, Aeroplan has yet again managed to surpass expectation, this time with the Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard. This $95 annual fee card comes with launch offer worth 110,000 Aeroplan points (incl. Waitlist offer), automatic Aeroplan 25k elite status, impressive set of earn bonuses, and an incredible spend benefits – Truly designed to reward the most engaged members, with outsized value in perks and benefits. Lets jump in;
Chase Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $95
- Launch Offer:
The eye-popping launch offer for new Chase Aeroplan cardmembers includes two Welcome Flight Reward Certificates (50,000 points each) worth up to 100,000 points, after spending $4,000 on the card in the first three months, and Aeroplan 25K Elite status. This, in addition to the waitlist bonus of 10,000 points and 10 eUpgrade credits.
- The Welcome Flight Reward Certificates do not expire, and cardmembers will be able to use them on its own, or as part of a larger trip. For example, if you booked a trip priced at 75,000 Aeroplan points, you can assign a Welcome Flight Reward Certificate worth 50,000 points and top it up with 25,000 additional points to cover that trip.
- Cardmembers will automatically receive Aeroplan 25K Elite Status for the remainder of the first calendar year, plus the following calendar year, allowing primary cardmembers to enjoy benefits such as priority check-in, early boarding, upgrades and more on Air Canada flights. Members that get the card in Dec 2021, will enjoy Aeroplan 25k Elite Status until December 2023!
- Earn Rates:
Reminder that the new Chase Aeroplan Card is a World Elite Mastercard, with $95 Annual Fee;
- 3X points for every dollar spent on dining, takeout, and eligible delivery services
- 3X points for every dollar spent at grocery stores
- 3X points for each dollar spent directly with Air Canada
- 1 point for each dollar spent on all other purchases
- Plus, 500 bonus points for every $2,000 spent in a calendar month (up to a maximum of 1,500 points per calendar month)
- Elite Status Level Up
Not only do Cardmembers get automatic Aeroplan 25k Elite status, they can requalify and level up based on spending thresholds:
- Maintain 25K Status through the next year after spending $15,000 in a calendar year
- Existing status holders earn a one-level status boost to 35K Status or higher for the next year after spending $50,000 in a calendar year. At the lower end, cardmembers that earn the automatic 25k status with the card, can spend $50k in 2022, and level up to 35k status until end of 2023. But he sweet spot of course is for those that earn 75k status in 2022, and spend the $50k on the card, will be bumped to Super Elite!
- Additional spend based benefits
- Earn 50% discount on flight rewards (Priority Reward) at $100k, $250k, 500k, and $750k in spend.
Each Priority Reward will be valid on specific cabins and destination, based on member status at the time of meeting threshold requirements;
- 25k: 50% discount on Canada/US in Economy
- 35k: 50% discount on Canada/US in Economy
- 50k: 50% discount in North America, up to Premium Economy
- 75k: 50% discount Worldwide, up to Premium Economy
- Super Elite: 50% discount Worldwide, up to Signature/Business Class
- Members that spend $1M will unlock an unlimited Global+1, and get 100% points back on all redemptions in all cabins for a designated companion.
- Pay Yourself Back® Benefits (Coming Soon)
Members can also apply up to 50,000 Aeroplan points per year towards travel purchases each year, on any airline, hotel, car rental, and more, at the rate of USD 1.25 cents per point.
- Carbon offsets
Aeroplan will purchase carbon offsets to reduce the impact of greenhouse gas emissions associated with cardmember travel when they fly Air Canada using an Aeroplan flight reward. Applies to Chase Aeroplan primary cardmembers and travel companions on the same reservation for flight segments with Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge.
- $100 credit toward Global Entry, TSA Precheck or NEXUS every four years (as reimbursement for the application fee charged to the card)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Comprehensive Insurance package, including
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Roadside Assistance
- World Elite Mastercard benefits, including
- Complimentary 24/7 concierge service
- Access to Mastercard Priceless® Experiences
- Exclusive offers from popular brands for services like ride-sharing, food delivery and online shopping
The true take away here would be the actual card. Hopefully you have signed up for the waitlist offer and can leverage the additional 10k points and the 10 eUpgrade credits. The most generous perks of the card are attached to the spend thresholds, which can allow members to not only earn the elite status level in the program, but also unlock some of the best benefits being offered by any loyalty program out there. Happy Chase-ing.