American Express Reserve Cards are premium credits cards that come with plethora of exclusive benefits for Cardmembers. New American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card Cardmembers can earn a Welcome Bonus of 2,400 AIR MILES®* Bonus Miles. The Card offers the highest welcome bonus among AIR MILES credit cards and positions itself as a premium AIR MILES card and a must have for all frequent travellers. Lets look into the benefits in detail;
American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $299
- Welcome Bonus: New American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card Cardmembers, earn a Welcome Bonus of 2,400 AIR MILES®* Bonus Miles when you charge a total of $3,000 in purchases to your Card within your first three months of Cardmembership. That’s enough for two select flights.
- Earning Rate:
- Earn 1 Mile for every $10 in Card purchases at eligible AIR MILES Partners. Excludes purchases made at airmilesshops.ca
- Earn 1 Mile for every $10 in Card purchases at other eligible grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 1 Mile for every $15 in Card purchases everywhere else
- Key Benefits:
- Through AIR MILES®* FlexFly™ Redemptions, you can access additional airlines and destinations, departure times, and economy, business and first-class seats on flights not available within the AIR MILES Reward Program
- Once a year, when you redeem for a round-trip economy flight within the AIR MILES®* Reward Program, up to a maximum of 1,700 Miles, you can receive a Companion Flight for your companion to travel with you for the same itinerary (offer excludes service charges if applicable and taxes)
- Waived AIR MILES® Flight Administration Fee
- Receive four (4) complimentary visits per year to more than 1,200 airport lounges around the globe. After your four (4) complimentary visits have been used for the year, you may continue to visit the lounges for a usage fee at the prevailing rate
- Priority Pass™* – Worldwide Airport Lounge Access
- Receive automatic Onyx™ status benefits in the AIR MILES program
- Comprehensive Travel and shopping Insurance coverage: Emergency Medical Insurance, Car Rental theft and damage insurance, Travel Accident insurance, Lost and Stolen Baggage insurance, Flight and Baggage Delay insurance, Hotel & Motel Burglary insurance, Purchase Protection Plan, and Buyer’s Assurance Protection Plan.
The Reserve Card leans heavy on the Exclusive perks and access for Cardmembers. The American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card is the only AIR MILES Credit Card that allows paying for reward bookings using a combination of AIR MILES and cash.
The ability to book premium cabin rewards, complimentary lounge passes, a companion flight every year, and the Onyx™ status, add tremendous value against the $299 annual fee.
With my personal valuation of AIR MILES at 15 cents a mile, the welcome bonus of up to 2,400 AIR MILES is a $360 in value for members that meet the spending requirement for bonus miles.
Best way to visualize what you can do with 2,400 AIR MILES, use the Where can I fly tool ;
American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card is definitely a card for a high spending frequent traveler that can leverage the higher earning rates and the several exclusive benefits that accompany the card.