Marriott Bonvoy has launched their Q2 points purchase promotion, and it’s a decent one. All members can save 30% when you buy 2,000+ points, now through June 20, 2021. A 30% discount translates to 0.87 cents per point (CPP), almost as good as the previous targeted promotion where some members could buy points for as low as 0.83 CPP. The purchase limit has been increased to 100,000, which will price at $875 USD for this promotion.
Marriott Bonvoy Points Purchase – 30% off
*Important note* that the system will not let you login to buy points if you have hit the yearly limit of points purchase. Ignore the incorrect login credentials message, its just Bonvoy’s inefficient way of saying you have hit the limit. You will be able to log into your regular Marriott account, without any issues.
With 30% discount, the purchase rate is 0.875 CPP, a decent price to top up your accounts for upcoming redemptions. Given that I redeem mostly at mid-tier Marriott properties, I value Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.7 cents a piece. A maximum of 100,000 Bonvoy points will cost $875 USD through this promotion. I was able to max my purchase to 95k on this account, since I had purchased 5,000 earlier this year.
A quick reminder that Marriott Bonvoy allows points advance booking (up to 5) – earn or purchase the needed points at least 14 days prior to check-in.
Other popular use of purchased points is to convert Bonvoy Points to airline miles at 3:1. Bonvoy adds a 5k bonus on every 60,000 points converted, equaling 25K airline miles for every 60k transferred.
If you decide to purchase bonvoy points through this promotion, note that the transaction is processed through points.com and will not count as a hotel/travel transaction. Best to use a credit card that gives you a good return on non-bonus category spends.
Terms and Conditions
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 a.m. EDT May 13, 2021, and 11:59 p.m. EDT June 20, 2021, to be eligible for the 30% discount Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- This offer is valid only for Points purchased through the promotion’s Buy Points or Gift Points pages.
- Purchased Points do not count toward Marriott BonvoyTM Elite status.
- Members may purchase or receive Points purchased by another Member as a gift for a combined maximum of 100,000 Points per calendar year if purchased through the Buy Points Storefront or Gift Points Storefront. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2021 are included in the 100,000 Points annual purchase limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000, up to 50,000 Points (with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points required for promotion eligibility), or in increments of 5,000, up to 100,000 Points.
- Promotional discount purchase rate is 30% off the regular purchase rate of US$12.50 per 1,000 points (US$62.50 per 5,000 Points) with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points.
- Points purchases will be processed within 72 hours after the purchase is complete.
- A Member must be an Active member in good standing to purchase and/or receive Points.
- New Members may purchase Points thirty (30) days after enrollment in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing Points using a Marriott Bonvoy cobrand credit card will earn Points as an everyday purchase.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi.