Let me start by saying that this limited time promotion is very impressive. Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card now comes with a welcome bonus of up to 40,000 Scotia Rewards points ($400 in value). Plus, no annual fee in the first year ($139 in value), including on supplementary cards, and 5X Scotia Rewards points on Travel ($125 in value) for the first 3 months (up to $2,500 in total travel purchases). A total of $664 in value for getting the card by October 31, 2021.
This is on top of the standard impressive features like the no foreign exchange fee, complimentary Priority Pass membership plus 6 free lounge visits per year (~$350 in value), 2x earning (Grocery, Dining, Entertainment and Daily Transit), and a comprehensive travel insurance coverage.
The 40,000 welcome bonus is earned and credited in 2 instalments:
- 20,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points by making at least $1,000 in everyday eligible purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Points are credited 5-10 business days after 3 months have passed
- 10,000 Scotia Rewards point bonus after $40,000 spend in everyday eligible purchases. Annual bonus is applied within two statement cycles after $40,000 annual spend threshold has been met
Essentially, all cardmembers are eligible to earn the additional 10K Scotia Rewards Points when they spend at least $40,000 annually in everyday purchases. Here’s the breakdown of all the benefits and perks that come with the card;
Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite – Apply Now
- Annual Fee: First Year Free (otherwise, $139 for primary and $50 for supplementary cards)
- Welcome Bonus: 30,000 Scotia Rewards® points with $1000 spend in first three months, additional 10,000 points bonus with annual spend of $40,000 in everyday purchases
- Earning Rate:
- 2X Scotia Rewards® points on eligible grocery, dining, entertainment and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
- 1X on all other purchases
- Other Key Benefits:
- No FX mark up – no mark-up on foreign currency purchases whether you make them online or outside of Canada. Only the exchange rate applies
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access – Complimentary Priority Pass™ membership, plus 6 free visits per year from the date of enrollment
- Comprehensive Travel and shopping Insurance coverage
- Redeeming Scotia Rewards® points
- Book directly through Scotia Rewards® Travel Service(full-service travel agency): 1 cent a piece, 10,000 points for $100 and so on..
- Book with ANY Travel Provider: Apply points at 1 cent a piece
- Redeem as Statement Credit: Redemption value can range from 0.6-0.8 cents per point
- Convert to SCENE Points (or vice versa)
- Redeem for gift cards, prepaid cards or other merchandise
Detailed list of benefits and perks of the card are listed here
Like I said at the start, a very impressive promotion, on an already strong travel card. The 5x earn on travel purchases, and annual fee waivers on primary and supplementary cards, are just the kind of nudge to convince someone considering a premium travel card in Canada. The promotion period for Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card ends October 31, 2021.