** Update: American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Reserve Card has been discontinued by Amex Canada, as of January 10, 2020
American Express AeroplanPlus Cards now come with an improved bonus offering for new Cardmembers. American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Card comes with 40,000 miles as welcome bonus (with $3,000 spend in 3 months).
I am always excited to see increased spending incentives for card members, and this is definitely a compelling offer to add the AeroplanPlus cards to a wallet. Let’s look at the card benefits in detail;
American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Card:
- Annual Fee: $499
- Welcome Bonus: 40,000 Aeroplan miles (with $3,000 spend in 3 months)
- Key Benefits:
- Annual Partner Ticket for a short-haul roundtrip (Fixed Mileage Flight Reward, up to 15,000 Aeroplan Miles)
- Unlimited access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges where available, and Priority Pass lounges.
- Complimentary valet service and 15% discount on parking rates at YYZ
- Access Pearson Priority security lane at Terminals 1 and 3 at YYZ
- Earning Rate:
- 1.25 Aeroplan miles for every $1 charged to the Card, upto $25,000
- Accelerate to 1.5 Aeroplan miles for every $1 charged to the Card, above $25,000 annually
- Other Benefits:
- Comprehensive Travel and shopping Insurance coverage
It’s not often that credit cards introduce an enhanced welcome bonus opportunity without devaluing other benefits. The Amex AeroplanPlus®* Card continue to be one of the fastest Aeroplan earning cards in Canada with some of the best travel perks a frequent flyer can expect.
What do you make of the new offer, enough to convince high spending clientele?