Are you keeping count? This is the 7th airline partner announcement by Aeroplan, since June 2020. Welcome, Eurowings Discover (IATA code 4Y), the leisure carrier of Lufthansa Group with operating bases in Frankfurt and Munich, Germany. This niche partnership with 4Y will offer a premium leisure experience with lie-flat business class seating, a premium economy cabin, as well as full meal service in all classes. Aeroplan now has more that 40 airline partners in its portfolio, including recent announcements of Etihad, Azul, Vistara, Virgin Australia, Air Dolomiti, and Air Serbia.
Eurowings Discover – An Introduction
Eurowings Discover is a currently operating Europen scheduled full-service airline based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Eurowings Discover will operate the premium leisure routes on A330’s, out of Frankfurt (FRA). By the end of 2021, 4Y promises to expand its network to medium haul destinations in Europe and northern Africa, as well, while already serving Kenya, and Tanzania as long-haul destinations.
4Y’s maiden long-haul flight was on July 24th, from Frankfurt to Zanzibar, with a quick stopover in Mombasa, Kenya.
Upcoming destinations for 4Y long-haul;
- Windhoek, Namibia (August, 2021)
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (August, 2021)
- Mauritius (October 2021)
- Canary Islands (Winter 2022)
- Egypt (Winter 2022)
- Morocco (Winter 2022)
- Jamaica (Winter 2022)
- Cuba (Winter 2022)
Eurowings Discover (4Y) is not to be confused with Eurowings (EW), which operates several routes within EU and surrounding regions. The Aeroplan partnership applies only to flights operated by 4Y.
Eurowings Discover and Aeroplan Partnership
This Frequent Flyer partnership with 4Y, will further enhance Aeroplan’s presence into popular leisure destinations, where;
- Members can earn Aeroplan points based on distance flown on all scheduled flights operated by 4Y
- Members can earn Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), as well as Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD) on flights ticketed by Air Canada
For Aeroplan accrual when flying Eurowings Discover, here is the snapshot as provided by Aeroplan;
For Aeroplan Flight Rewards on Eurowings Discover flights;
- 4Y flights will be priced based on Aeroplan’s pricing for partner airlines.
- Members will be able to book 4Y flights online, through the Air Canada mobile app, or via Aeroplan’s Contact Centre
- 4Y flights can be combined with flights operated by Air Canada and other international airline partners
- 4Y flights are eligible for redemption in Business and Economy classes
- The partner booking fee will apply for flight rewards which include travel on 4Y
This is a niche partnership by Aeroplan, one which targets specific leisure destinations, and will make for very interesting routing possibilities in the future, as 4Y expands further in United States, Canada, and Caribbean destinations. As per @lufthansaNews on twitter (July 16th), Eurowings Discover will fly to Halifax (YHZ) starting June 13, 2022!