Am lovin’ it – Aeroplan adds another exciting frequent flyer partnership to their portfolio. Welcome, Air Dolomiti, an Italian regional airline, with some very interesting connections across Italy, and neighbouring countries. Air Dolomiti (IATA: EN) has been officially added to Aeroplan’s growing roster of airline partners (now at 40), including Etihad, Azul, Vistara, Virgin Australia, and Air Serbia. This partnership will expand Aeroplan’s presence deeper into Italy, serving popular tourist destinations from Munich and Frankfurt.
Air Dolomiti – An introduction
Allow me to pretend like I knew Air Dolomiti as an airline all along 😉 In 2003 Lufthansa Group acquired Air Dolomiti, a regional Italian airline serving Italian tourist destinations from Germany. To date, Air Dolomiti’s fleet is composed of 15 Embraer 195 (largest Embraer jets) and operates Business and Economy cabins on most routes. Speaking of routes, here is the map;
Additionally, Air Dolomiti also connects to some very interesting non-Italian destinations, from Germany:
- Barcelona, Spain
- Graz, Austria
- Linz, Austria
- Aarhus, Denmark
Air Dolomiti and Aeroplan Partnership
Earning Aeroplan miles on Air Dolomiti flights;
- Members can earn Aeroplan points based on distance flown on all scheduled flights operated by EN.
- Members can earn Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), as well as Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD) on flights ticketed by Air Canada.
Redeeming Aeroplan miles on Air Dolomiti flights;
- Bookable online
- Priced based on Aeroplan’s pricing for partner airlines
- Can be combined with flights operated by Air Canada and other international airline partners
- A partner booking fee will apply for flight rewards which include travel on EN
With a spectacular session on Italy (PMB virtual meetup), last Saturday, this Aeroplan news could not have been better timed. If you are planning a trip to Italy, no reason to not leverage this wonderful partnership – I know I will. The New Aeroplan program has made a habit of winning our surprise with these thoughtful partnerships, and I have a feeling that’s not about to stop anytime soon. So, in their words – ‘Stay tuned for more to come!’