Neo Financial is a digital-first alternative in Canada that offer a cashback credit card through an integrated app. Neo Mastercard is a no annual fee credit card with guaranteed 1% cashback on all spend, and a potential to earn 4-6% cashback from everyday spend with partners. What I personally like is the ability to browse rewards in the app before applying for the card – simply download the app to see offers nearby.
New Offer: Get $25 when you sign up for a Neo Mastercard using the ‘Apply Now’ link below;
Neo Mastercard – Apply Now
- Available Canada-wide, including Quebec
- No fee rewards Mastercard
- Guaranteed 1% cashback on all spend. 4-6% cashback at partner businesses
- Cashback earned is instant, and can be cashed out anytime, no minimum threshold
- Simplified application process
While the credit card itself is a no-fee card, Neo Rewards program has 3 plans that members can choose from – Important to note that members are never locked into an ‘annual fee’ and can switch plans anytime.
- Standard (default with card sign up): $0/month, with an average of 4% cashback at partners
- Plus: $2.99/month ($35.88 annually), with an average of 5% cashback at partners
- Ultra: 8.99/month ($107.88 annually), with an average of 6% cashback at partners
I personally like the simplicity of the program, use your card for daily spend, and accumulate cashback rewards in the app. Cash out anytime.
While this card wont be my first choice for Gas and Grocery spends, several local eateries have spectacular offers that range from 5-10% cashback. For a no-fee card, these are really strong offers, especially at establishments that do not accept Amex cards.
While this may not be for everyone, Neo Financial Mastercard offers intriguing cashback options, especially if you are willing to upgrade to the premium rewards plan. As mentioned above, I would recommend readers signup for an account and review the local rewards in place before making a decision on the credit card.