Aeroplan is all set to roll out a new feature to their program. For 2021, ‘Everyday Status Qualification‘ continues to be a unique way for members to reach Aeroplan Elite status without leaving the ground. A great way to earn Aeroplan 25K elite status, roll in the earnings, and savings via preferred pricing on rewards!
New Everyday Status Qualification
- Aeroplan members earn points on every day spends, getting closer to status – through spending with Aeroplan co-brand credit cards, flying with Air Canada and eligible partner airlines, and with any travel and retail partners (including shopping online via the Aeroplan eStore
- If a member earns 100,000 points through eligible transactions during a calendar year, they’ll earn Aeroplan 25K Status through the following year
- Certain Aeroplan points are ineligible for Everyday Status Qualification – includes sign up / welcome bonuses for Aeroplan credit cards, contest bonuses, and points purchased, gifted, or transferred. Full list of exemptions is available here
- For members who do not already hold Aeroplan Elite Status, a new tracker will be available on their member dashboard. Note that while the Everyday Status Qualification tracker is live, retroactive balances from January 1, 2021 to present, may not show on your dashboard until the end of May 2021
This is a wonderful opportunity for members without any status, to earn Aeroplan 25K status until end of 2022. Some of the core benefits that come with, are;
- Priority Seat Selection
- 50% Discount on Preferred Seats (with Flex Fares)
- Priority Check-in
- Priority Standby
- Priority Boarding
- Complimentary checked Baggage (2 bags, 23kgs each)
- 20 eUpgrade credits
A full list of benefits are available here.
I already have Aeroplan Status, how does this help me?
Well, this feature is squarely aimed as an incentive for members without status. For members with status, recall the recent extension of 2021 Aeroplan Elite Status, where Aeroplan announced;
- All Aeroplan Elite Status for 2021 will automatically be extended through to the end of 2022.
- Extending the validity of all unused Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 by one full year, making them valid for use until October 2022.
- Elite Status Qualification Jumpstart for 2022 – For Aeroplan members who earn any Elite Status through their 2021 flight activity, the Status Qualifying Miles, Segments, and Dollars earned in 2021 will be honoured the next year, jumpstarting their status qualification in the years to come.
Everyday Status qualification is now a standard feature with the Aeroplan, where members can earn 25k status with everyday spending. This is extremely generous, and lowers the the barrier to entry for those that would normally not earn status by flying Air Canada and partners.