Alaska Mileage Plan has brought back their most lucrative bonus promotion yet, up to 60% bonus miles . Not every account gets the 60% bonus though, the mystery bonus ranges from 40%-60%. If you were lucky enough to score a 60% bonus offer, you can purchase Alaska miles for as little as 1.71 Cents Per Mile. Alaska 60% bonus is applicable on minimum purchase of 40K miles, on transactions completed by May 22, 2021.
ALASKA MILEAGE PLAN – UP TO 60% BONUS MILES
The promotion my accounts are targeted for are tiered with 40% bonus on purchase of up to 39K miles. Minimum purchase of 40K points is required for the 60% bonus. The bonus tiers look like this;
- Buy 3,000 – 39,000 miles, get a 40% bonus
- Buy 40,000 – 100,000 miles, get a 60% bonus
With a 60% bonus, this promotion can be maxed by purchasing 100K (160K with bonus) miles for ~$2750 USD at 1.71 CPM – an incredible value!! Even if you start at zero balance, with this promotion you can fly from North America to Asia in business class (60K miles, on Cathay for example) for $1032, or in First Class (70K miles) for $1204!
$2750 USD is a lot of money and not everyone will be keen on shelling that amount to earn the 160K miles, however, it’s the best offer from Alaska yet, and worth considering. Alaska miles continue to be one of the most valuable airlines currency in the market and come with great airline partners and routing sweet spots (including stopover on one-way awards) – couple of examples;
- Cathay Pacific from North America to Asia (Cathay Pacific Business Class on 777-300ER review 2018), o/w for 30K/35K/50K/70K across all cabins
- Fiji Airways (no first class) and Qantas from North America to Australia, o/w for 55k in Business or 70K in First Class
- American Airlines from North America to Europe, o/w for 22.5K/57.5K across Econ and Business
Additional Terms and Conditions of the promotion
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST April 12, 2021 and 11:59 PM PST May 22, 2021 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, GST/HST for Canadian residents and QST for Quebec residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles up to 60,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 miles up to a maximum of 100,000 miles per transaction.
- MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member (Elite Member) accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com. If you are not an Elite Member, your account may only be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.