Alaska Mileage Plan is back with an impressive bonus promotion, up to 50% more bonus miles . We last saw the 50% bonus in April 2019. Alaska 50% bonus is applicable on minimum purchase of 40K miles, on transactions completed between November 14, 2019 and December 23, 2019.
ALASKA MILEAGE PLAN – UP TO 50% BONUS MILES
This promotion is tiered with 20% bonus on purchase of 10K miles. Minimum purchase of 40K points is required for the 50% bonus. The bonus tiers look like this;
- Buy 10,000 — 19,000 miles = 20% bonus
- Buy 20,000 — 39,000 miles = 35% bonus
- Buy 40,000 — 60,000 miles = 50% bonus
With a 50% bonus, this promotion can be maxed by purchasing 60K (90K with bonus) miles for ~$1774 USD at 1.97 CPM – an incredible value!! Even if you start at zero balance, with this promotion you can fly from North America to Asia in business class (60K miles, on Cathay for example) for $1182 or in First Class (70K miles) for $1292!
$1774 USD is a lot of money and not everyone will be keen on shelling that amount to earn the 90K, however, it’s a good offer to top up accounts. Alaska miles are one of the most valuable airlines currency in the market and come with great airline partners and routing sweet spots (including stopover on on-way awards) – couple of examples;
- Cathay Pacific from North America to Asia (Cathay Pacific Business Class on 777-300ER review 2018), o/w for 30K/35K/50K/70K across all cabins
- Fiji Airways (no first class) and Qantas from North America to Australia, o/w for 55k in Business or 70K in First Class
- American Airlines from North America to Europe, o/w for 22.5K/57.5K across Econ and Business
Additional Terms and Conditions of the promotion
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST November 14, 2019 and 11:59 PM PST December 23, 2019 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
- Your Mileage Plan account may be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.