More excellent news rolling out of Air Canada today, especially for current Aeroplan Elite members. Aeroplan’s exciting new offer is to help members secure status for 2023 – Members who earn 30,000 points through an Aeroplan Co-brand credit card by November 30, 2022, will have their Status extended through December 31, 2023. Let’s look at the details of the Aeroplan status extension, especially, what counts and what does not;
Aeroplan Status Extension – Until December 2023
Existing Aeroplan Elite members can lock-in their current status until December 31, 2023 by simply earning 30,000 points from purchases with any Aeroplan credit card through November 30, 2022. Better yet;
- All Aeroplan cobrand cardholders are eligible for this offer
- Points earned since January 1, 2022 are eligible. Offer period is January 1 to November 30, 2022
- Have multiple Aeroplan credit cards? Earn can be combined through multiple cards!
- All base and standard accelerated earn categories are included
- No registration required
- Status extensions for members who have earned the required points required will begin as early as June 2022
This generous offer comes with some exclusions;
- Welcome bonuses received as part of credit card sign-up, do not count
- Promotional accelerators on spend do not count
Aeroplan has also confirmed that it can take up to 8 weeks for the extended status to reflect in account, for members that achieve the 30k requirement. For members that meet this requirement towards the end of the offer period, there could be a temporary loss of status on Jan 1, 2023 while Aeroplan catches up with the updates. I think this is a great upfront warning for all members, and should avoid disappointment should they be affected.
At the expense of repeating myself every couple of months, Aeroplan has done a great job of managing customer expectations throughout the pandemic, with proactive communication. When it came to status, they have been more than fair in allowing extensions, and have also engaged the membership with innovative promotions to help earn new or higher status tier (I had the pleasure of hosting Air Canada executives Mark Nasr, and Scott O’Leary on my weekly stream recently, where they shared few more enhancements coming to the loyalty program). Extending my Super Elite status until December 31, 2023, simply by accumulating 30,000 points, through any Aeroplan co-branded credit card spend is about the best outcome I could have expected – kudos to Aeroplan for delivering it.