The multi-year partnership between Aeroplan and LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario), launches today, November 16, 2021. LCBO is an Ontario government enterprise responsible for the retail and wholesale of wine, beer, and spirits. This partnership was announced in August and formally launches today, allowing Aeroplan members to earn points when shopping at LCBO stores across Ontario, Canada.
Aeroplan and LCBO partnership
Here is what we already know about this partnership, as announced in August;
- Earn 1 Aeroplan point for every $4 spent in LCBO retail stores
- Earn bonus points when purchasing select LCBO products
- Coming soon! Redeem for LCBO gift cards at the Aeroplan eStore, starting at just 1,000 Aeroplan points for a $10 LCBO gift card
Special Launch Offer;
- LCBO customers that are not Aeroplan members yet, can join Aeroplan through November 28, 2021 and earn 250 bonus points on their first LCBO retail store purchase
- New and existing members who spend $50 or more at a LCBO retail store through November 28, 2021, will earn 2 Aeroplan points for every $4 spent on their first purchase
Currently, members can only earn Aeroplan points for purchases made in LCBO retail stores. However, Aeroplan confirms that members will have the ability to earn Aeroplan points for online or in-app purchases, in the future.
Visit www.aircanada.com/lcbo for more details.
As far as launch offers go, the offerings are pretty tepid, imo. 2x points for every $4 is restricted to first purchase only. The ability to earn points only at retail stores (for now) is also a constraint given how busy LCBO stores can get over the holiday season. And the Aeroplan eStore redemption for LCBO products still remain a ‘coming soon’ attraction. That said, it’s nice to finally be able to earn points on LCBO purchases again, 1 Aeroplan point for every $4 spent, is better than nothing.
Title Image Credit: Air Canada