Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card now comes with an increased welcome bonus of 30,000 Scotia Rewards points ($300 in value). Include the no foreign exchange fee, complimentary lounge access (~$200 in value), 2x earning (Grocery, Dining, Entertainment and Daily Transit), and a comprehensive travel insurance coverage, the card is for everyone’s wallet.
The 30,000 welcome bonus is earned and credited in 2 instalments:
- Earn 20,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points by making at least $1,000 in everyday eligible purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Points are credited 5-10 business days after 3 months have passed.
- Earn an annual 10,000 Scotia Rewards point bonus after $40,000 spend in everyday eligible purchases. Annual bonus is applied within two statement cycles after $40,000 annual spend threshold has been met.
Essentially, all cardmembers are eligible to earn the additional 10K Scotia Rewards Points when they spend at least $40,000 annually in everyday purchases. Here’s the breakdown of all the benefits and perks that come with the card;
Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite – Apply Now
- Annual Fee: $139 (free supplementary card, $50 in value)
- Welcome Bonus: 20,000 Scotia Rewards® points with $1000 spend in first three months, additional 10,000 points bonus with annual spend of $40,000 in everyday purchases
- Earning Rate:
- 2X Scotia Rewards® points on eligible grocery, dining, entertainment and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
- 1X on all other purchases.
- Other Key Benefits:
- No FX mark up – no mark-up on foreign currency purchases whether you make them online or outside of Canada. Only the exchange rate applies.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access– Complimentary Priority Pass™ membership, plus 6 free visits per year from the date of enrollment.
- Comprehensive Travel and shopping Insurance coverage
- Redeeming Scotia Rewards® points
- Book directly through Scotia Rewards® Travel Service(full-service travel agency): 1 cent a piece, 10,000 points for $100 and so on..
- Book with ANY Travel Provider: Apply points at 1 cent a piece
- Redeem as Statement Credit: Redemption value can range from 0.6-0.8 cents per point
- Convert to SCENE Points (or vice versa)
- Redeem for gift cards, prepaid cards or other merchandise
Detailed list of benefits and perks of the card are listed here
The increase in standard welcome bonus from 25k to 30k is a pleasant surprise. If you are in the market for a true flexible card that helps you get to your goals quicker, it will be hard to look past Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card, in Canada.